- Half folding back for easy storage and transportation
- Lightweight but robust steel frame with aluminium wheels
- Comfortable and sturdy nylon upholstery is easy to clean
- Choice of 24" self propelled or 12.5" transit wheels
- Plastic footrests are height adjustable and can be swung away to facilitate transfers or removed for storage and transportation
The stylish steel S4 Wheelchair features a whole host of incredible features that make it an extremely sturdy and long-lasting wheelchair, for use by less mobile individuals. It is attractive and functional. The robust steel frame is strong and durable for stability and folds easily for storage or transportation purposes. The combination of a steel frame and aluminium rims make for a lightweight chair that is completely strong. There are pneumatic rear tyres and puncture proof front tyres, which require very little maintenance but allow the chair to be used both indoors and outdoors. Safety has been a priority in the design of this wheelchair, with parking brakes that may be activated to anchor the chair. This wheelchair has been crash tested providing added safety when being transported in a vehicle. There is also a rear kerb stepper to make the journey as smooth as possible. Nylon upholstery and padded armrests and backrest offer comfortable support and are easily wiped clean. And the padded desk-style armrests provide additional comfort and allow unhindered access to work surfaces. There are plastic footrests for the user to support their legs, which can be adjusted to suit their preference.